Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love is in the air

Love is in the air in Port Charles today.  Last year GH wowed up with the amazing two day V-day special that left us all swooning and weak in the knees.  I was skeptical with the Balkan roaming around town and the upcoming wedding if that would steal all the thunder of Valentines Day away from our special couples on GH.  I was glad to see my skepticism was put to rest today. Might I say, I have never been a huge fan of Valentines day myself but GH has allowed me to develop a new found respect for the holiday.  I am glad to see GH kept in the spirit of things.

Oh my goodness Spinelli was in rare form today. His daydream about Maxie was so classic 'She had slept with someone else and was sorry'.  Poor Maxie the girl is unfaithful and she's branded for life.  But you can tell he still loves her and she still loves him, I just wish they would get those two back together sometimes.  Spinelli still wears his heartbreak on his sleeve.  I was insulted for him when Lulu came around begging him to go talk to Dante and Michael about his heartache.  She really is extremely selfish isn't she?  However, Spinelli, being the true friend that he is to even the most undeserving Lulu, showed up to help keep Dante at his apartment.  His Shakespeare rambling had me laughing so hard to Dante and Michael.  It was hard for Michael to keep a straight face during all of Spinelli's rambling.  I am really tired of Dante and really think Lulu should find someone else.  But the scenes today were at least tolerable because Michael and Spinelli were part of them.  I hope when they raced off Michael was headed to the Metro Court to see Abby.  Where did Abby go?  I mean she checked into her room but Michael hasn't been back to see her since.  She should be completely recovered by now.  When are Michael and Abby ever going to get that first date? I hope soon.

Theo's career advice to Alexis enraged me more then anything that man has uttered out of his mouth.  That was the most sexiest thing I have ever heard. I wanted Alexis to slap him with a lawsuit right there.  The decorations Molly and Kristina put together for Alexis reminded me of a scene out of Steel Magnolias.  I could just hear that line, Sally Fields: "Her colors are pink and pink.  The whole church looks like it's been hosed down the pepto bismol.".   Molly and Krissy went way overboard with setting things up for Mac and Alexis.  I was glad Mac kind of set Molly straight on the fact that she should probably not force the issue so much with them.  Molly really does need another hobby.  But what I liked the most was when Alexis walked in and saw the decorations Mac covered for the girls.  In that moment it reminded me that Mac is incredible with teenage girls and their scheming because he was such a solid father for Maxie and Georgie.  Mac really does need happiness and maybe he and Alexis haven't ever seemed to get the timing right but I am glad they both see there might be something there after all. 

While all the hearts in Port Charles are not spoken for I guess Valentines Day is as good as any to find people's good qualities even if they are Lisa Niles.  Johnny really does like the criminally insane doesn't he?  Why does Johnny defend Lisa?  Why can't he and Maxie get together? Or Lulu and Johnny.  But why Lisa? I guess Johnny really does like playing with fire even in the bedroom.  The only problem is if he pisses Lisa off  she might just kill him while he sleeps after all slipping some roofies into Patrick's drink is just part of her daily insanity.  I am not sure who is crazier though out of the cast of characters at Jake's tonight.  I am willing to bet Terell is a little bit crazier then Lisa gives him credit for.  Terell seems to have some morals though.  He seems to have some reservations about seducing a married woman on Lisa's orders.  I think he will surprise us and expose Lisa or kill her one.  Who knows maybe he's crazier then anyone expects.  What ever happens at Jakes I hope scrubs get back together once and for all!  I am tired of this game and they need to get back together.  

Siobhan and Lucky were the only ones not real in the mood for Valentines Day today.  They did share a few tender moments though which just make me want to be wrong about Siobhan. I had a few questions as I watched these two back in Ireland that I am sure I am not the only one who thought of these. Wasn't that the same warehouse Lucky held Sam when they were trying to catch the Balkan a few months ago?  Siobhan knows gun dealers in Ireland, should that be a clue to Lucky this girl might not be telling him the whole truth?  I still think she is either very deep in with the Balkan or she works for Interpol and is very deep undercover.  Either way I still don't sense she is telling Lucky the whole truth.  Now Lucky is a cop and he does get undercover I just hope she is on the right side for Lucky's sake.

Now for the main event! Jason and Sam.  Jason was so cute right from the start of the show trying to set up a surprise for Sam. He could hardly keep from smiling the entire time he was with Sam.  I'll admit when Molly showed up with yet another list for Jason I became concerned we'd have to deal with Molly's 12 yr old version of what she thinks is the perfect Valentines Day and not get any quality JaSam time.  Sam and Jason politely as possible told Molly while they appreciate everything she does, let them see what Jason has up his sleeve. Jason was adorable when he held the bag up for Sam to look inside. I love seeing this side of Jason because typically he is always focused on Michael and everyone else but, for once, he has his priorities straight.  Oh Jason, you try hard but you are still romantically challenged in the decoration department.  Maxie to the rescue for the decorations. Maxie had probably one of the funnier lines of the day: "Wow if you ever decide to leave the organization, do not become a decorator."  Maxie and Jason I think are actually friends but he wouldn't be willing to admit that on a normal day. So is there anyone in town that doesn't think Sam is pregnant? Maxie telling Jason was kind of cute.  She's one of Sam's oldest friends in Port Charles and I love that she is excited even if there isn't a baby.
As Sam stepped out of the elevator you could sense her hesitation to talk to Elizabeth of all freaking people about her dr's appointment.  We all know Sam was trying to con herself and Jason when she said she didn't want to take the home pregnancy test.  The fact she didn't tell Jason she was going to the hospital to get the test means Sam let that conversation with Lulu and Maxie effect her more then she let on. Elizabeth's face was classic when Sam told her she was there for a pregnancy test.  Elizabeth has always acted so superior to Sam because she always tries to flaunt the fact she gave Jason the one thing Sam could never, a child.  Elizabeth was down right bitchy to Sam but Sam being the mature person she is didn't take the bait.  I could NOT believe Elizabeth called Jason to tell him her PREGNANCY tests results are in. Has the chick ever heard of voicemail?! She is such a conniving witch trying to act concerned but we all know she's trying to cause problems for them again! I am glad Jason didn't take the bait on that either.  But in that instance Jason realized Sam really does want a family and is just trying to talk herself out of it because she knows it isn't what he wants.  He realized in that instance also how much she gives up for him on a daily basis.When Sam arrived and they sat down at the table I loved how Jason very lovingly and  sportively told Sam her pregnancy test results were in.  Sam's face showed so much emotion in that second.  She knew her con of convincing herself and Jason she didn't want to have kids wasn't working anymore. 

Incredible Jason and Sam lines today:
Sam to Molly: "Jason is already the most romantic guy in the world to me."
Jason to Maxie: "Maxie I just want Sam to know she's first in my life." FINALLY!!!!
Jason to Sam: "Just wanted you to know what you mean to me not just on Valentine's Day but every single day."

Sneak Peek of Monday's show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJ-Hg8kvLc&feature=feedu
Jason and Sam dancing and being romantic!!!! Lulu and Dante on their way to the opera and Lulu warning Dante very subtly if she screws her over again she won't be so forgiving. I thought that was a pretty funny scene for Lante and I don't even like them that much.  This makes me so excited!! I can't wait until Monday!!!!

Call the comment line - thank them for a great show and help us support a JaSam baby. 

1 comment:

  1. Aha! So you HAVE seen the sneak peek! I so can't wait to see this play out. It's so easy to forgive Jason his cluelessness when he acts so sweet and tries so hard. And Sam, bless her, is just so happy to be with him, whenever. If that FW causes Sam any problem, she wont so easily be forgiven, you'll see. Lulu's choice of opera was a hoot....wish I could think of it's name. Good blog, and thanks always.

    ReplyDelete