Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Looking at things like Grandmother would have

When I started this blog, my very first entry was about my Grandmother, Pansy, who always watch General Hospital during my childhood.  She and I would always watch the show, or stories as she called it, in the afternoons during the summers I would visit her off from school.  It's been a very long time since my Grandmother passed away and I am clearly past those days of school vacation, but sometimes I wonder what she would think about the show right now.  I wonder if she would like the same characters I like and be energized about the same story lines or not.  We didn't always agree on characters even when she was alive but I think she would like some of what they have done with the show.

Luke was Grandmother's favorite character.  Oh I can just hear her now how she would talk about him.  I think she'd love the fact Luke is still on the show.  I love the comedy of Luke's character always trying to swindle everyone and not always succeeding but that never keeps him from doing it.  Tracy has learned a thing or two through the years with being involved with Luke.  She's learned how he swindles, what methods he'll use etc.  She's also learned to never trust him or get too angry about it.   I think she was putting on an act for Mac when he arrested her.  She's pissed I don't doubt that but she also knows Luke's got a plan.  Hopefully Alexis will be able to get Tracy out of custody before they notice her cellmate, Siobhan isn't there.

Speaking of Siobhan I am not sure Grandmother would much care for that story line what so ever.  I can hear here now, she would say something to the effect of "Oh My Stars! how much more can I we take of that fake Irish accent and dreadfully boring character of Siobhan?  If I hear her high pitched whining tone rattling on about her sister Meagan and the Balkan I am going to go wash the floor."  I would have to agree with her on that one.  Watching Siobhan's terrible storyline and fake accent makes me want to turn off the TV and do something else entirely.   I am not sure what is more annoying, Brenda's laugh or Siobhan's fake accent.  Both have to go soon.  They are dreadful and I can't believe how much air time Siobhan's had this week.  It's sickening.  She must be Guza's new favorite. 

Poor Nookie (yes, I love the combination of Brooklyn and Nikolas' names together so much I have stopped referring to them separately)  they are never going to get a date, are they?  Try as they might to get a real date together it seems like someone or something is always happened.  If it is not Floor Whore Liz coming in to make up illnesses for her children, it's Brook's Granny being arrested for jewel theft.  I am thinking if Nikolas ever wants to get to first base with this girl, he needs to fly her away to one of his private islands without distraction.  I am not sure what my Grandmother would think of Nookie but I like them.  I think they both balance each other out nicely.  The fact Brook is willing to go toe to toe with Liz and calls her on her crap is just a beautiful thing.  I am sad to know that those entertaining squabbles will soon end when Liz finally jumps on her broomstick and flies out of Port Charles for good.

One storyline I am certain Grandmother and I would disagree on is Brenda.  Grandmother always liked Brenda.  I admit back in the early 90's I like Brenda too.  But that feeling has completely changed.  I can't believe how petty she is and just down right mean to Carly.  I have always been a Carly fan.  I wanted to jump through the TV screen today and slap Brenda for being so mean about Carly to Robin.  Robin is mature accomplished doctor who should not stoop to the level Brenda is at when it comes to being petty about Carly.  Yes, Carly has caused a lot of pain for Robin in the past but Robin's been front and center to witness a lot of Carly's pain the past few years.  Robin should really cut her some slack and stop feeding Brenda's attacks to Carly.  I want Carly to really get revenge on that  toothpick Brenda and send her packing for good.  I hope Carly kicks that skinny little judgmental shallow witch's tail right back to Rome for good.

I am pretty sure Grandmother would like Jason and Sam.  Today Sam put into words what Jason was feeling about her and always feels about her.  She reminded him he is so important to her and how grateful she is to have him.  While I think Jason feels Sam is too good to be with him sometimes and he isn't worthy of her love, she reminds him he is what she wants.  She is his strength and is there for him when his whole world is falling apart.  He knows this and even though she said it about him he feels equally the same about her.  She is his strength.  I wish Jason would tell her more often about how she keeps him sane and how he draws his strength from her.  I think she knows because the way he looks at her but he really does need to focus on her more.  Things did get awkward again when they started talking about the procedure and Spinelli though.  You could see she was just trying to make she Jason knew she wasn't off daydreaming at the office about babies and confiding in Spinelli about it.  I did get frustrated that they can never have a complete conversation without Michael interrupting.  I feel for the kid I really do his is going through a horrible time but seriously can't he go do some homework or something to give Jason and Sam some time to actually talk.  I love Maxie Jones I really do.  Maxie can put things in a way no one else can.  Maxie and Sam's talk about kids was kind of cute.  I like Maxie someday longs for children but she is about 8 yrs younger then Sam so she's not seeing kids anytime soon.  Could you imagine Maxie as a mother? Wow! Anyhow her suggestion that Sam was pregnant was classic.  Lulu's face was even more classic.  Sam knows she is not pregnant and it's probably a touch of the flu but based on the conversation they just had Maxie had to come to that conclusion.  I've seen about a half dozen different dates for Sam to take the pregnancy test and also get the results, which apparently takes a long time, perhaps she should try EPT it takes 3 minutes not 3 weeks.  But next week should be a good week for Jason and Sam, hopefully they can have a conversation without Michael coming in to talk in the middle of it all.

Call the Comment lines and tell them how much we want a positive pregnancy test! I know this one is negative but I still want that to be wrong.  Have a great weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing as Always JRule. Loved it. Couldnt agree more about Robin and Brenda. It seems like Brenda is bringing Robin down with her.I love Robin I really do. I mean Robin is a mature doctor with a husband and child she shouldve been moved pass the Carly crap. I not syaing she has to like Carly or befriend her but the way she was talking was like Carly did something to her recently. That Robin/Jason/Carly triangle is so old and honestly irrelevant at this point. Jason hasnt been with Robin or Carly in years so honestly Robin shouldnt be this hateful to Carly especially with her knowing what Carly has gone through in recent times especially with her children so for her to say those things was just not called fro especially if she so much "better" or "Mature" than Carly.

    Brenda. Oh Gosh. Cant express how much I dislike her this time I around and its crazy because i used to really love her. But now Im Team Carly. She acts like Carly has no reason to dislike her and like Carly is so jealous of her and maybe Carly is s little jealous but Carly has good reason to not want her with Sonny. Carly has been through hell and back with that whole Sonny/Brenda situation and I think people forget that. And Carly is right if Brenda and Sonny dont work out it will be Carly picking Sonny up off the floor. People need to go back and watch Sonny and Carly's history when Sarah and Tammara played Carly and see how much Carly has truly been through with sonny. Shes the one who has truly stood by Sonny at his worse. So people saying she's not justified in the way she feels can shove it. I want her to give it to Brenda and Robin at that.

    I'm so sick of the writers when it comes to Jasam. The fact that I can predict how the Jasam scenes will go means the writers arent doing their job. Thats why I write my own Jasam scenes that I know will never play out on TV but it makes me feel better. I just hope the writers start making them as a couple a priority.

    ~JasamFan4Life~
    (yes from the Sami spoilers chat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I don't agree with you, I love Siobhan, she's beautiful and talented and not boring at all, whereas Liz is. Liz doesn't deserve Lucky, she's cheated o him so many times and didn't even have the excuse of being a drug addict. Jasam are amazing and Lucky and Siobhan are amazing too, I hoppe things work out well for them. It's not Siobhan's falt her storyline is poor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with lara, I'd hate to see Lucky go back to Liz, they both deserve someone new in their lives. plus, why do they always make cops look stupid and unable to solve a case??? I hope they don't break Lucky and Siobhan up, they're very very sweet and definitely need more love scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gave Carly a pass this week, altho I usually cant stand her possessiveness of Jason...but in MamaBear mode she was great. Brenda is a world class b==== and be glad when/if she goes away!
    I still believe our story is coming,and in a good way, even if this pg test is negative..patience is hard, but we have to have faith.

    ReplyDelete