Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Speak Out!

Most of us have heard the recent rumors that ABC is looking to pair down their 3 hour daytime slot of Soaps with other shows they feel are more popular and they feel would attract different ratings.  Daytime drama series are being threatened because ABC feelings they don't want to invest in the historic and captivating soap operas. This is wrong! I want ABC to know that you don't mess with our shows. The feel they want to just put on another talk show that is yet another waste of  air time.  Talk shows don't have the passionate, loyal fan base a daytime drama series does. We need to speak out about this.  I have watched GH for most of my life.  I can't think of another show I can ever say that about.  Nor can I think of another show that I would EVER write a blog about.  While I like many other shows out there, they can't hold a candle to my devotion to GH.  We need to do what we can! I am a big believer in using positive energy to try to turn a situation I am not happy about into something I can live with.
Okay so the Becky fans claim they saved Becky's job by speaking out.  While I am not sure this was entirely true, support and passion can never hurt a cause.  ABC needs to know we do not want them to cancel any of their current daytime drama series line up.  You might be thinking that you are not a AMC or OLTL fan (FYI: neither am I) so what does it matter.  It matters! If they cancel 1 of the shows they could very well cancel them all.  Can you imagine a future with no General Hospital? I can't - just the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.  We need to fight for our shows! We need to fight for the reason we look forward to Mondays because there will be another new episode on even if we have to suffer through a crappy work day or droning day of classes.  We get to watch another day and be captivated into another world just for an hour we get to forget about the unpleasantness of our lives and just tune in.  The future of daytime TV is in our hands.  We need to do what we can to let our voices be heard.  We need to fight for these shows! I can't promise we will win and they will stop threatening our shows, but what I can promise can say we tried our absolute best!

So Speak out!

Call, write, tweet, post message on all ABC affiliated websites.  Remember to remain positive - tell them what a great impact the daytime series have and how as loyal fans you want them to remain airing.  Remind them what an extremely large fan base day time TV series have!  Also gush about GH.  It never hurts to let them know how much we love GH. 

Email: http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us

Send Letters
Anne Sweeney, Co-Chair
Disney Media Networks Division

500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA  91521



Visit D&T site for more ideas on speaking out and the campaign.  Don't just let them take our daytime line up without a fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment