Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Decisions Decisions

Today, the residents of Port Charles were faced with a lot of decisions and their fall out or result.

For Elizabeth she is still haunted by her decision to have a long standing affair with Nikolas and the fall out of that choice.  Aiden's paternity is now been cleared up for her but she could not bring herself to tell Nikolas the truth even when it would have been perfect chance to rip off that band-aid and let it all out.  I am not sure how much longer Liz will dance around these matters but she should know better then ANYONE secrets have a way of growing and getting out of control. It's never a good time to tell  someone they aren't a father to the child they have been raising for the last year.   Honestly, if I were her (very thankful I am not BTW), I would ask them both over, put a copy of the results right in front of them and not say a word until they read it.  Chicken yes! But then at least she would not have to carry around that envelop for all of Port Charles to stumble across. 

Johnny's decisions might just get him on Carly's bad list for the rest of his natural born life. I love when Carly goes into Momma Bear mode.  I love her "Not while I am still breathing." line she gets when she thinks someone is trying to harm one of her kids.  Say what you may about Carly, she is no saint.  But she is a protective mother who loves her kids very much.  She's having a hard time in letting Michael grow up.  But she backed down about Abby because she saw Abby was good for Michael.  Johnny is no way good for Michael.  I love Johnny but he is no boy scout.  So we know Carly and Jax are pretty much over, are they trying to pair Carly with Shawn or Johnny?  Oooh Johnny does have a thing for the older ladies but Carly can't cook.  But she does have spice!  This could be interesting. 

Scrubs decided to go to couples therapy and instead of talking to each other about how it went right away, they went to other people.  Patrick and Sam's friendship is something I like to see.  I remember when they first met and she could not stand him and he kept hitting on her asking her why she was with Jason.  I think it is sweet how they have become friends.  They have been friends for a long time though it isn't show too much on screen.  I think Patrick appreciates that Sam doesn't judge him for cheating on Robin.  She doesn't take Robin's side which is refreshing to Patrick.  I was glad that eventually Robin and Patrick actually talked and listened to one another about their session.  Patrick's joke about Sam was kind of cute, "I just did a consult for Sam and she is in a committed relationship with a mobster that kills people and she gets more love and comfort from him then you get from me." Patrick's never really though Jason deserved Sam but it was funny how he put it.

Jason and Sam had a discussion about decisions today.  Jason wanted Sam so badly not to regret choices he made in the past to effect her decisions about a child.  He said it yesterday as clear as day, he chose to give up Jake so Sam chose to give up on the idea of ever having a child of her own.  He realizes now he has no right to make a decision for her like that.  She has to make this decision - no one else.  Today was about him loving Sam enough to want to take a risk if she decided to have the procedure.  He first had to get her to admit she wanted to have the procedure at all.  I know some of us were expecting long baby talk with them cuddling on the couch thinking of what their child would be like a flashback to May 2005 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIjE03w-ygs&feature=related .  We had hoped for some real baby talk but today wasn't about having a child as much as it was about getting Sam to admit to Jason she wants to have to procedure so that they may someday be able to have a child.  Remember Sam's odds are only 50/50 even if she has the procedure.  I know, I am in the minority by saying this but I actually liked the conversation between Jason and Sam today.  While I wanted baby talk, I liked today.  I liked that Jason told Sam whatever happens between them will be their decision and no one else. This is just the beginning of a great developing story.  I think over the next few weeks we will be very pleased with the outcome.  Even with this procedure, I don't see Sam getting pregnant very quickly.  But at least she and Jason will both know that, while scared of parenthood, they both want to do this together.  That is the most beautiful thing of all of this that they are in this together no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment