Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!

In honor of Earth Day, as I watched GH today I felt like some of the scripts and storylines have been recycled from storylines in the past. Sometimes when you recycle something into something else it turns out to have some beautiful new qualities....and sometimes it just ends up recycled toilet paper..

Some of the storylines recycled into toilet paper I think we can safely say are the one of Michael wanting to join the mob and being arrested yet again by Detective Dumbass Domestico.  I mean really how many more times are we going to have to listen to Micheal wants to be part of the mob.  Then quickly followed by Michael was hauled down to PCPD for questioning blah blah crime.  It is getting old.  A nice change would be Michael did his homework and wants to go to school or become an auto mechanic or a door to door shoes sales man.  Any of those options would be  by far more refreshing then watching the same recycled story with a little different twist on it when it concerns Michael.

Another contender for the recycled toilet paper of scripts is the Sonny/Jax/Brenda arguments.     These are really getting old.  Does Jax serve any other purpose on GH anymore?  I love the actor who plays Jax (Ingo Rademacher) but even he has to be incredibly frustrated about how limited his character's scope has become.  Sonny's no saint and he is a TERRIBLE father we all know that.  I am tired of them constantly showing us that.  It's boring and old news.  Also Brenda getting all huffy over this or that is old news too.  It's boring and I am ready to move on.

Krissy chasing after a married man - recycled toilet paper.  Honestly I hate these two together even if he wasn't married.   Krissy has a tendency to be the whiniest person in town who needs to grow up and go off to Yale and leave our ears from bleeding. 

The beauty  of recycling had some finer points today: Lulu and Johnny, Jason and Sam/Carly, Carly and Jax,  Abby putting Dante in his place and yes, Anthony Zaccarra. 

Lulu and Johnny talking was quite refreshing. I love that these two are having more scenes together.  Could they be leading to some type of JoLu reunion?  Ooh now that is some recycling I could handle!

I miss Carly and Jax being together.  I loved them talking at Kelly's.  He stopped being an ass for a few minutes and was the man Carly fell in love with.  I miss those two together. 

Abby telling Dante the truth was sweet poetic justice.   I loved how Abby told Dante he doesn't know what he is talking about armed with crap he read in a pamphlet and draw conclusions about her.  I loved it.  I like Abby most of the time but today I LOVED HER! It was classic how she pointed out to Dante he was supposed to be protecting Michael and ever since they kid got out of prison he has done NOTHING to protect Michael.  I serious thought she was going to drop kick Dante out the door when he then revealed he was there looking at her as a suspect. 

Anthony Zaccarra, you are a funny man with his plant he named Claudia.  It's the saddest looking plant I have ever seen but it was hysterical how he told Sonny he named it Claudia.  Later in the show when Johnny walks in and Anthony is trying to help his plants I loved these two interacting.  Ooh this could be good!

Another storyline that is being recycled is the topic of family for Jason and Sam.  Now this one isn't going the same way as it did last time and it is being reformed into something quiet beautiful so far.  Carly pushing the issue of parenthood on our couple is nothing new.  She tried that in 06 and 07.  But this time, Sam doesn't hate Carly for suggesting it.  Sam actually thanked Carly for forcing the issue with Jason because it allowed Sam to come to terms with it.  I loved these two talking at Kelly's.  Sam telling Carly the good news and telling her she could almost hug her and Carly saying well let's not get carried away.  I love these two being friends.  It has what has been needed for so long.  I am so happy Sam is able to be happy at least until she got back to the PH to see Jason.  It's been such a long time since she has smiled and lit up like she did when she was talking about a child with Jason.  What was sad was to know that look on Jason's face when Sam told him she can have a baby.  It was also recycled!!! I really hope Jason doesn't stop her and tell her he had decided he doesn't want to go through with having a child again like he did in 06 and 07.  I really hope Monday he takes her by the hand and tells her his fears but also tells her he knows he loves her enough that they can get through anything and a child is something he wants with Sam.  I really hope he isn't looking like that to try to talk her out of having a family together again.  We shall see on Monday or next week I suppose. 

Until next week, Happy Earth Day everyone.  Hopefully you found my rant a little entertaining today and it helped remind you to go out and do something responsible for the earth today.  Recycle, walk instead of drive but do something after all without our beautiful planet there would be no television or soaps.  So preserve our amazing planet - do what you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment