Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Rather Insightful

 Many of you (as am I) are still in shock and reeling from last week's news of AMC and OLTL getting cancelled. It is hard to get back into the positive swing of things and try to be positive about the future of daytime drama overall.  But we need to more then ever to band together and show ABC they don't mess with our shows without a fight.  So watch the shows ALL OF THEM.  Even if you never have before.  Let AMC and OLTL go out with a bang at the very least! Join the fight - visit D&T the campaign page, write letters, go to GHH 'Save our Soaps' page. I know these shows being cancelled is shocking and some of us just want to accept this and move on.  But I encourage you -don't! Don't take this laying down.  Fight - get your voice out there!

Now that I have done the daily pep talk.  Let's focus on GH.  Today the residents of Port Charles had a rather insightful day overall for a Monday.   I thought today's show flowed well for the most part and I was happy we are getting more fleshing out of storylines. 

Sonny is rather insightful every once in a while, now not all the time but every once in a while you remember why you like him.  I think he needs to keep digging when it comes to Susanne.  We all knew she kidnapped that poor boy "Lucian" and has Brenda's real son off somewhere.  Lucian may have been an orphan so maybe she is trying to help the child get a better life.  But honestly I think she is up to something.  I feel most sorry for Lucian.  He has no real parents (or they are desperately out there looking for him)  and is being used like a shiny object to distract the too naive Brenda. 

Maxie is dealing with some insight she did not want to be privi to.  The last thing she ever wanted was to deal with Elizabeth more then she already has to. I have to say I am loving Matt and Maxie these days.  I had my doubts about this pairing at first.  Matt to me was absolutely too boring and tame to be Maxie's guy.  Maxie has always had a thing for bad guys so I thought she would always do well with someone like Johnny.  But I think Matt is growing on me.  The other day when Maxie told Matt how she supplied Lucky with the drugs when he was a user and faked a pregnancy.  Matt's face was classic when she came clean with him.  I think he was thinking wow, there is a lot more to Maxie then meets the eye. I loved Maxie's lines today. They had me laughing out loud but the best was when she was telling Matt about the secret.
"Not just some mundane secret either. This is a rip roaring throw a bunch of people's lives on the fire secret."
"Do I keep Elizabeth's secret, and for how long? 2 days? Indefinitely?" And then she gets to "Are you going to break up with me?"
Oh Matt you have your hands full with this one.  But I like the chemistry these two have.  I had my doubts even though Kristen and Jason had worked together on DOOL that they would be able to be a cute couple on GH.  But I like these two together.

I think the most insightful person on today's show was Michael.  For the last week I have wanted to bury myself under my coach cushions every time Michael was on because all he could do was talk about himself and wanting to be a member of the mob. Blah! Blah! Blah! It was like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher 'whoa whoa whoa'.  It was wearing on my patience as you can see.  However, today I was back to loving Michael.  I loved how he politely but clearly defended Carly to Brenda.  I loved how he told Brenda she had no place to judge Carly.  Someone has needed to put Brenda in her place when it comes to Carly for a very long time.  Can we borrow Michael to go talk to Robin next about Carly?  That kid, while annoying sometimes, can be very useful in other times.  Michael, you earned points with me today!  Keep it up!

I was so excited to see Jason and Sam on today and not just for 45 seconds like we have been getting for the last month or so.  Their conversation was, of course, about Jake but today it had a different tone to it.  Today Jason looked into Sam's eyes and had his calmness back.  He looked at her and even had a hint of a smile on his face.  He let her caressed his hands as they sat on the couch.  He didn't pull away and back into his pain. He let her in. When she got ready to go back to work he reached out to hug her first and held her so tight in his arms for longer then normal. She is his rock and he is finally ready for her to comfort him. It's a beautiful thing to watch those two interact.  There is so much love and passion and emotion even if talking isn't their strong suit.  When Michael came by again today to the PH I was cringing because I had a feeling it would be about the mob again.  But Michael surprised me again today.  He picked up the brochure about Sam's fertility treatment and actually wanted to hear about something other then his life for a change.  Michael did the best thing of all.  He let everyone else talk and just listened today.  He actually let Jason talk and tell him what he was feeling.  Jason actually let Michael in on an aspect of his relationship with Sam. Jason never talks about his relationship with Sam to hardly anyone.  But he especially let Michael into a very private and painful part of their relationship.  I loved Jason's words to Michael about it.
Jason, "To be honest she {Carly} is just saying what Sam won't let herself say."
"I gave up Jake so Sam gave up the idea of ever having a child and she did that for me. So I wouldn't have to make any painful choices and she never made me feel guilty about that but I know her. Sam at least wants the chance to be a mother."
 Jason's insight into what Sam wants even though she isn't telling him was so incredibly sweet and profound.  Jason doesn't say much and most of the time he seems so wrapped up in his own stuff to listen to Sam but today it showed he actually listens to her every word. He doesn't only listen to her but he knows her so well he hears her even when she isn't talking. He knows she wants a child so badly but he also knows she would never want to put him in a position where he had to make a painful choice.  She loves him so much she would give up having a child just to be with him.  It's good he realizes how much she has given up for him.  He needs to remember that when he gets wrapped up in something else again.  Michael gave Jason some amazing advice about being a parent.  He left Jason to think about a lot.  I think when Sam walked in and Jason was laying on the couch I think he was thinking about what if he and Sam had a child.  Poor Sam, those fertility brochures are chasing her down.  She can't get away from them.  She has to be tired of them popping up everywhere haunting her. I hope we get more then just that as the end of the discussion between Jason and Sam on the topic of babies tomorrow.  I want Jason to tell her he wants a child with her.  But I am not holding my breath or reading spoilers.  After all, the spoilers were wrong today that I read.

Get out and exercise your ability to write this week.  Overwhelm ABC with your support for GH (of course first and foremost)  but also AMC and OLTL.  I know they will probably do what they want but fight.  It can't hurt! Fight for the daytime shows.  Don't back down.  Remain positive! Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again. Like your take on today. Michael was actually mature talking with Jason,andsupporting him as a Dad (which he has always been to Michael). Tomorrow should be good. Nice they are finally relaxing again.
    I have been writing to anyplace I can find. Know you are too. If I disappear, it means I am lurking in stead of ranting at some posters elsewhere..LOL

    ReplyDelete