Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

Will you marry her?

 Leave it to Brenda to finally ask the question we are all wanting to know the answer to Jason.  I know I am one of the first to offer up Brenda's flaws since her return but today I actually really saw a very small shred of the old Brenda that I liked.  She was almost sincere to Sam. Notice I said "almost".  For Brenda to be really sincere she wouldn't be Brenda.  I felt sorry for Sam as she entered and Jason clearly hadn't mentioned anything about her.  To Sam this was a betrayal you could see it in her face. The man she would literally walk through fire for (and has) didn't mention her to his ex-wife who is going to be staying with him.  No wonder Sam felt there was some odd chemistry between Jason and Brenda.   They did bicker like Sam and Jason once did when they first met and you could tell that threw Sam off guard.  With that being said Jason has a side in this too.  To Jason, he was trying to keep Brenda out of his life as much as possible and didn't feel she was on the 'privileged list of people' in his life that get to know about his personal life.   Also Jason probably felt he would only be feeding Sam's insecurities if he did talk about Sam at all because Brenda would bring up questions like she did today.  I think in Jason's mind he wanted to protect Sam from having to talk about any of her past. He respects Sam's privacy and is also very private so he didn't want Brenda butting her nose in where he felt it didn't belong.   Jason didn't want Sam to have to re-live the pain of talking about her daughter at all or anything else about how they fell in love.  Jason was trying to protect her but not doing a very good job.

Oh, poor dear Sam, she couldn't stop babbling which she does when she is uncomfortable and just let it all come out.  I kept saying to myself, stop now she doesn't need to know everything.  Sam apparently mistook Brenda for a person of the cloth and felt now was as good of a time as any for confession.   Honestly,  Brenda handled Sam's flood of information quite gracefully, I thought.  If I had been in Brenda's shoes, I am not sure I would have been able to just sit there and smile while all of this information came blasting at me.  Brenda has a big ego and it was probably a little uncomfortable to hear this beautiful ambition woman tell her in a couple quick sentences how she had been with both men from her past.   Sam wanted to go over there and not like Brenda but she actually did like Brenda.  Who knows maybe they will become friends.  I kind of hope not because Brenda is annoying most of the time and the less screen time she has the better.  But maybe that would help Sam's insecurities.  One of the best part of all the scenes with Brenda today, was she didn't laugh! I think they need to keep it that way.

Jason loves Sam so much, his eyes twinkled when he told Brenda he loved her.  This is huge for Jason and I am not sure everyone realizes how huge. Jason NEVER EVER talks about his personal life to hardly anyone besides Carly and Spinelli.  So for him to tell Brenda, who he can hardly stand to be around very long was huge.  Jason and Brenda do not have a romantic chemistry but they are funny together.  Funny like a brother and sister are funny that is all.  That is the obligation Jason feels towards Brenda too.  More of a sibling then anything else. 

I love Maxie, even though she can be shallow I think she is always funny and often times a true friend.  Always offering her gal pal, Sam,  she would be happy to hate Brenda if she wants her to was a sweet offer on Maxie's part.   While I have not been very excited about Brenda's return thus far,  now that she is in Port Charles she seems to be getting better.  With that being said, if she were to ever have romantic feelings towards Jason and pursue them, Maxie would be the first in line with a pitch fork chasing her out of town. Maxie has come a long way from the pill-steeling, pillow-stuffing girl we saw a few years ago.

While we all knew it was coming, I still twitched a little when Sam came over to Jason's and told him she thought they should break up.  I am hoping Monday Jason will reassure Sam that is the farthest thing from his mind.  I hope when he asks her to move in he is sincere even though I am glad she will turn him down.  I want them to move in together, don't get me wrong.  However, I don't want it to be his solution, or at least attempt, to solve Sam's insecurities.  He needs to put Sam first, he needs to start showing her there is no one else and he needs to stop trying to be everyone's hero.  Sam understands he has other commitments and she understands him and gets his loyalties better then anyone else.  He needs to realize she is the best thing that has ever happened to him and needs to start showing her.  Jason needs to get his head on straight before he loses Sam and this time for good.  I look forward to Monday to see how this all plays out and I hope it is all resolved.  I do hope Jason puts all of Sam's insecurities to rest.  I am confident our super couple will weather this storm.

I also thought Sam looked so beautiful today.  I do wish they would let her character dress in more then black all the time.  

I am so happy Robin is okay and out of the well but how did Patrick get her out?  Did he have an invisible rope to get her out of the well that none of us saw?  Robin's years of being around the mob and various crises  have allowed her to react cool and calm in a situation when needed.  Patrick may not have spotted the gun Lisa was waving around right away but Robin did and was careful not to react.  Monday should be interesting to see how this turns out.  I am looking forward to it.  I loved the crazy Lisa story line and have been watching each day to watch how well those three have played it.

Happy weekend everyone and hopefully Monday's episode will be worth watching!  Keep the faith, call the comment lines!  Thank them for JaSam.

No comments:

Post a Comment