Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Standing By

I have been absent for a while. My schedule has been a bit insane but honestly,  I also have been struggling with what to write recently about GH.  Negativity is like a infections virus and I don't want to play any part in it when it comes to GH. So I am going to look at the brighter side of things that we have seen recently.  Please join me too.  I have to confess I didn't come around to this positive way of thinking all on my own.  A very faithful reader reminded me today, sometimes you need to just look at the bright side of things. If all we do is point out the bad in GH it will blind us to all of the good.

Well the November sweeps are upon us and maybe it is just the spooky season or something but there is definitely a lot of mystery building on GH as of recently.  Lets take a look at Dr. Steve Webber.  Overall,  that character has been as transparent as glass so far and as squeaky clean as a mirror in a refection pool.  That is until recently.  I like the Dr Jeckle /Mr. Hyde thing they are doing with him.  That character was as boring as toast for a while but now they are finally giving Scott Reeves something to work with and I am loving it.  Scott Reeves is probably one of the most accomplished and talented actors in Daytime and I am so excited we are finally getting to see his talent come alive on our screens.  I think there is a lot of mystery behind Steven and Scott will bring it out.  I am so excited they are finally realizing Scott's talent and not just focusing on the 'chosen few' male characters.

As for that mystery clown that has been following everyone at GH around for the last couple of days, we all know it isn't Lisa because that would take out the mystery of what actually happened to her.  I don't think we'll know what really happened to Lisa for many months to come.  I like the suspense honestly.  Did someone kill her? Did Johnny get to her in time?  Did Anthony circumvent Johnny's rescue attempt and dispose of Lisa? I personally hope Johnny got to her in time and saved her.  I know Lisa is crazy and dangerous and didn't deserve Johnny's rescue but all the same, I love how Lisa embraced her crazy.  She made the halls of GH a little more interesting.  So if the mystery clown isn't Lisa who is it?  It is the doctor Steve has been calling about the job.  It makes perfect sense.

Speaking of mystery, something else we have been getting is the build up for the mystery of Franco's plan for JaSam.  While we haven't seen much of our super couple as of late, we do know by the teaser promo that they will in fact be on soon and their mystery will start to unfold.  We don't know exactly what will happen, I am sure Kelly Monaco and Steve Burton will be emmy worthy performances.  We must tune it for that.

Some of you may have read ratings have been down with GH.  This is very discouraging for all of us I am sure.  We have tweeted faithfully and wrote letters, watched as much as possible but we feel like no matter what we do it doesn't make a difference.  Well I am here to say, don't stop, keep trying.  Keep fighting because GH is worth fighting for. The show deserves it's fans to fight for it because it has brought us so many years of wondering viewing.   This is a show my grandmother watched faithfully for her many amazing years on earth.  This is a show I watch even now 15 years after her death and still feel close to her.  I for one am not ready to give up on GH, please don't be either.  Sometimes when it seems like all hope is lost, something wonderful happens and fate changes course.  Let's help ABC's executives change their mind about ending all of daytime series by flooding them with positive feedback about GH.

Thank you,  Sarah for bringing me back for where I was headed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment