Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Amazing!

Today's show was amazing and it is Tuesday.  I am very tired today but the show revived me today.  I think my lack of sleep gave me a unique emotional state to view today's show.  Today was a mix of amazing moments and some what the F@#% moments all wrapped up in one.

Let's talk about those WTF moments first because I know others had to be asking the same questions too.  What happened to sweet, professional Robin?  Ever since Brenda's return it's like she has lost all of her maturity.  How horrible that she felt relieved that it was Sam on the gurney and not Brenda?  What if it had been her? She and Brenda are similar in height and coloring.  How would she have felt if she was Theo's sacrifice?  I can't believe she told anyone that she felt this way.  I really like Robin but recently especially today she has crossed the line.    Yes, she is only human.  But what a horrible thing to say that she was relieved that it was Sam not Brenda.  What if Sam had died? 

What is up with Krissy?  Someone needs to slap some sense into that girl.  News Flash Krissy: Ethan is MARRIED and TOO OLD for you! And don't forget your SISTER was in an explosion and is at the hospital.  Stop using this situation to put the moves on Ethan.  Okay I know Kristina has fans and some of you maybe them, but what the hell is wrong with her today? For all she knows her sister could be dying and her new step Mother is missing and all she can think about is how to make this work for her.  I have always thought of Kristina as extremely selfish and childish but today was one of the first times I really wanted to jump through my TV screen and slap the crap out of her. 

Who's side is Suzanne on?  Is she really working with the Balkan or is she hinting to Jason where Theo was hiding today when she talked to him?  Has she had a change of heart?  What is her agenda?

I think it is safe to say Sonny has gone of the rails with everything going on.  Sonny's not the most level headed guy to start with but then they blow up his car with his wife (or so he thought) in it just to find out she's been kidnapped and his best friend's love was in the car. This is more then any level headed person could handle and we know Sonny isn't level headed.  I had figured Carly would be able to talk Sonny down but she couldn't even talk him down from this one.  Carly is the ONLY wife of Sonny's who has ever seen him be lethal and still love him.  Brenda doesn't have to guts to be a long-term Corinthos because she could never stand up to Sonny the way Carly does.  I know Sonny loves Brenda but Carly is the only woman who can handle his life and still love him because she never wanted to change him.  Oh I digress.  Anyhow I was glad Sonny's kids saw how lethal and evil he was going to be to Shawn.  He needed to handle the situation differently and that is what it took.  Sonny isn't all bad and I love that yesterday he was so concerned for Sam.  He sympathized with Jason but also respected that Jason's place was with Sam. 

Carly and Alexis has had such an incredibly rough few years as mothers with their kids.  You have to commend them for all they have done as mothers.  Granted I think Alexis might want to work on teaching Krissy a few more things about being less selfish.  I think overall though these two moms have had incredibly hard years recently.  Kids getting shot, sent to prison, physically assaulted, bus crash, and  two car bombs just to name a few.  These two woman really do have strength to hang in there and keep fighting for their kids. It truly is impressive that neither of them are booking long term stays at Shady Brook.    While neither of them do things I always agree with, as mothers I think they are pretty epic forces to be reckoned with.

Now for the most amazing and epic moments of today's show, Sam and Jason.  Maybe it was my exhaustion, but today's Jason and Sam scenes had me crying.  I am not really a crier, I should also mention.  I cry if someone dies but I don't typically cry at movies or TV shows, but today's scenes between Jason and Sam got me. They were so amazing.  Poor Sam to wake up and not be able to hear anything.  No one has told her exactly why she to in the hospital.  She probably knows Theo tried to kill her but not sure she knew she was in the limo when the bomb went off.  I am sure someone will get to that. In the meantime, Jason was there to reassure her that everything was going to be okay.  Jason was so terrified before she woke up in fear she would never wake up and now that she is awake she can't hear.  His new fears are clearly more muted then the ones of her not surviving.  He is so grateful she's alive he just wants her to not get scared.  She clearly was frustrated and scared in those first moments of being awake not being able to know what was going on.  Kelly Monaco did such an amazing performance today portraying exactly how Sam felt, I had to remind myself this is a TV show not real.  Jason was so sweet and just held her hand and told her she was going to be okay.  These two have always communicated well without saying a word and today it was just beautiful how the communicated with one another.  Jason slowly mouthing the words that she was going to be okay and that he loved her.  They stared so deeply into each others eyes, it spoke volumes of their love and devotion for one another.  Jason was by her side every second and even when Alexis sat with her he didn't go far.  He watched Sam sleep just being so thankful that she survived and he still had a reason to be breathing.  I almost can't put into words how beautiful those scenes between the two of them.  I had to keep brushing away the tears from my face.  The last scene when Sam wakes up and Jason is looking at her with so much love.  He tries to ask her a question and goes for the notepad to write it down, she smiles and says, "You hardly ever talk. I've gotten good at figure out what you are thinking."  That blew Jason away. Finally they had a moment alone and the whole shock of everything that happened today washed over Jason.  Jason and Sam are absolutely epic! My eyes are still welling up with tears as I think about that last scene. 
Another reason Kelly should win best actress this year at the Daytime Emmys was how well she portrayed this story line today.  Kelly did such a great job at making us believe she had lost her hearing the way she talked without knowing the volume of her voice. 

Call the comment lines - today was amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED today's episode!! JaSam were sooooooooo great! And also loved that Lucky went to see Sam..


    Did u hear sam may be the one who hits Jake w/ her car? Could this be the controversial s/l SB mentioned? Jake then dies and his organs or something are donated and he saves Joss, like in Maxie/B storyline...
    I truly hope it's not Sam who kills Jake but at least Robin...

    ReplyDelete