Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

And So the Journey Begins.......

One thing we can always count on is what an amazing performer Tony Geary is.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I started watching GH as a child because my Grandmother watched it when we would visit her. Back in that time Luke and Laura were the legendary romance. Luke is an iconic character for any daytime drama.   I think I am having the hardest time processing this twist in the storyline because Luke has always been lovable Luke to me.  Yes, he did do some things (okay a lot of things) from time to time that didn't always sit just right with me. But Luke is a legendary character. I never disliked his character.  You could never stay mad at Luke for long. Sonny may have dimples but no one can charm you like Luke Spencer can.  When he is on the whole show lights up. We have been watching him for over 30 years now. To us he has become family.   I love to watch him even now.  But today was extremely hard for me to watch.  Luke was never advertised as a stand up citizen but rather the rule breaker we all fell in love with.  Today his rule breaking had catastrophic repercussions that has shocked the whole city and us the fans too. 

If anyone else had been the guilty party of those  seven suspects, everyone would be forming a lynch mob to go after them.  No one could excuse running down a helpless 3 year old child, EXCEPT maybe the most lovable, legendary  and adored character of them all, Luke.  Maybe that is why they made Luke the guilty party.  Because instead of anger, we feel sadness.  Sadness consumed today's episode.   We all secretly wanted it to be Theo or even Lisa.  We aren't loyal to those characters.  We haven't invested over 30 years of faithful viewing time in them.  We don't consider them party of our soap families.  Besides Theo and Lisa are evil or at least posses evil qualities so we wanted them to be guilty because that would be nice and neat.  The whole town could hate them and we would support it.  But Luke.......how can you hate Luke?

The answer to that question is pretty clear, you can't.  Today I felt so much sadness I could hardly watch.  That is how Tony Geary moves you.  That is why Tony Geary is a legend.  That is why Luke will weather this latest blow to his character with that same amazing luster he has weathered all the other storms.  Several weeks ago I watched an interview with Laura Wright about this story line and she said 'It will rock one of our major characters to his core.' I thought she was talking about Jason but now I know, she was talking about Luke.   While this story line obviously is very emotional for Jason's character, I think the person it will be hardest on will be Luke.  How will he live with himself know what he has done?  How can you make it right?  You can't is the short answer.  But I think we will see the struggles Luke will go through.  There is no actor that could take us on a journey like this other then Tony Geary.  So while this whole story line has made my typical one hour of TV viewing a day far more depressing, it will be incredible to see how Tony makes this story come to life. 

Another performer that should not be forgotten for today was also Johnathan Jackson.  I had my doubts when he came back as Lucky but those were quickly squashed by his incredible talent.  I am so grateful that we get to watch the amazing performances of these outstanding performers play out.  Not many other TV series have a 1/10th of the talent GH has.

Today when Lucky went to talk to Jason and Sam answered the door, I loved the silent discussion these two had.  While this is not the Lucky that was with Sam, I love that the writers still want to make sure we remember their connection. Lucky knows Sam well enough to know when she is stone walling him and when she is being completely honest. After Lucky told Sam who hit Jake she said she didn't know where Jason was.  But the look she gave Lucky spoke volumes.  Lucky caught it.  He knew she was saying while she didn't know where Jason was, he might want to head over to the Haunted Star before something else happens. I really hope tomorrow Jason goes home to the PH and Sam is still there.  I hope they spend some time together but I am not getting my hopes up.  I get Sam is keeping her distance because Jason has given her that signal but I just hope things soon change.  I hope he lets Sam comfort him and they start having honest conversations about this loss and family. 

Call the comment lines! Keep providing incredibly positive feedback! It really does help!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent views on the show, and very well put. As another longtime viewer I quite agree. Have not always enjoyed Luke recently, but he really showed the talent of TG with this s/l. So did JJ, and I also wondered about him coming back. He plays Lucky perfectly. Now, like everyone, we can hope for some Jasam scenes and most especially their story to begin. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete