Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Power of a little piece of paper

Today was another very well balanced-Brenda free day on GH.  I have to say I love Brenda-free days like these.  I love the balance that exists when Brenda and Sonny aren't sucking up all the air time and not leaving any of the rest for anyone else. 

Tracy, how I love her! Tracy has been on this show for decades but always manages to make me laugh and smile.  She's one of the classics and I am so happy to see her still have such an active role on the show.  Now Tracy can be demanding and mean to those she doesn't like but to those she loves, she is the most enduring.  Maya and Tracy got off on the wrong foot when Maya came to town but I am glad to see those feelings are all in the past.  Maya has come to be not only Tracy's daughter-in-law but a friend she respects.  Tracy's respect isn't something easily earned. If I didn't know much better I would think Maya was not only going to miss Edward but also Tracy.  Grandma Tracy  was concerned about Brooklyn sweet and I am liking the new less-Bensonhurst more classy Brook these days.  I think Nookie have a shot as long as he doesn't start seeing dead people again and Elizabeth stops trying to throw herself at him. Why does she always manage to use her kids to try to catch a man.  You would think she would learn after getting herself knocked up 3 times in the pursuit of finding "Mr. Right" that there are really other ways to go about finding a man.  You would think....but yet like a dim rat in a maze they can't figure out she keeps going down the same path to realize it's the wrong way again and again.

Dante really is a gem isn't he.  Yes, I am being sarcastic here.  His mother gets in a bus crash and he hardly visits her when she is there because he is too busy dealing with his feelings for Brenda and all the other Brenda related crap.  He neglects his girlfriend so much she wises up and finds out he has been lying to her about Brenda.  Yet, Dante chooses NOW to be the concerned and over-protective son?? Really?? I mean there are a lot worse men Olivia could be friends with then the upstanding citizen of Dr. Webber.  Not to mention who better to be by Olivia's side during her recovery then the extremely talented ever attentive (not to mention HOT)  Dr. Steven Webber.  Really Dante, what the heck are you thinking getting on protective of Olivia now?  Seriously Dante go wash some of your own laundry and let Olivia have her fun with the good Dr.  Stevia have potential!

Johnny and Lulu together even for a few seconds reminded me of the good old JoLu days.  Oh I wish Lulu would wise up to Dante's BS and send him packing for good.  I wish she would get back together with Johnny some days.    Though I think Maxie and Johnny would make a funnier pair no one can deny JoLu were amazing.  I do miss them.  Lulu was strong and was our old Lulu Spencer back then before she become this whinny sniveling brain washed girl we see today.  

Oh Jason does not like Shawn.  Diane is clearly hot for Shawn and I love how both Jason and Alexis pointed out to her MAX provides, security.  One thing I did enjoy about Diane today was her pointing to Jason Brenda's little errands are getting in the way of everyone else's lives. 

I don't know about you but I was gitty the whole episode because from the first scene of Sam on the phone with Dr. Lee we saw the fertility flier among her case files and we kept watching as everyone walked past it  not noticing it.  I know we had hoped Jason had heard Sam's message to Dr. Lee when she walked in so we could get this baby talk underway but I want to note something about her phrasing.  Sam did not say in her phone message "I don't to have a baby" instead she said "I don't think I am ready to have a baby just yet." .  That was a powerful statement that spoke volumes of Sam's real desire to someday have a child with Jason.  This biological desire is weighing very heavy on her mind as well as her concern for Jason right now.  Jason has a way of blaming himself for everything and I wish he could see sometimes how his own anguish weighs on Sam too.  She seems to actually hurt more then he does because she wishes so much that Jason could see how amazing he is in her eyes. 

Sam really is the greatest friend to Spinelli.  She even defended Spinelli's silly hobby of writing a book to Jason.  Spinelli has always symbolized their child and it was cute how they spoke about him in this way.  Sam is always so easy on Spinelli and Jason always acts more angry then he ever is with Spinelli.  It's kind of cute how they have always have Spinelli in their relationship and trust him completely.  Sam's pep talk to Spinelli was also incredibly kind.  She'll always be his true friend too bad he is obsessed with Brenda.  We have always known Sam shoulders the majority of the work for the PI firm but we were reminded that today as we watch Sam work.  I like that she has a profession and has so much more to her life then Jason.  Though we could see Sam's thoughts of all that has been going on recently are very close to the surface. 

Then finally when Jason and Sam were home alone without any distractions, the moment we had all been waiting for since the start of the show, Jason found the flier for the fertility procedure!! The color did wash out of his face for a moment in shock but at least his reaction wasn't as bad as I had expected.  Sam seemed a little uncomfortable or maybe embarrassed that Jason found it but I thought she played it very cool.  The excitement in that last segment had me on the edge of my seat.  Of course we know how tomorrow will go, I am sorry to say.  Sam will answer Jason's question about a baby that she doesn't want to have a baby and she likes their lives just the way that they are.  She'll deny that desire she has inside because she won't want to upset Jason or have him go into the 18 billion reasons he thinks he doesn't deserve to be a father.  Also Sam hasn't completely come to terms with the fact she wants to have a baby either, at least out loud anyway.  She is wrestling with the fact that now she has a choice to not have a child.  Before she never had a conscious choice to not have a baby it was made for her by Manny when he shot her.   She was angry and upset but the decision to not be a parent wasn't her own.  Now she is wrestling with the fact she has to make this choice and all the feelings that are cropping up because of it.  In someways this is almost as difficult for her as it was to lose her first child all over again.  I hope Jason listens to her but to more then what the words that come out of her mouth but to her heart.  I want Jason to want this baby so much that he talks Sam into it.  But that is probably a dream on my part.  I look forward to more JaSam time tomorrow but I don't look forward to the conversation they will have.  Sam will stuff those feelings of wanting a baby down deep inside and Jason will remind her of the reasons he thinks he is unworthy.  I hope there is a nice twist but I know in my heart of hearts there won't be.  But until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment