Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Carly's on a Warpath

Friday's episode of GH was another great and balanced episode and it makes me excited that perhaps 2011 will be a more balanced year for the show all together.  Of course I would not mind 15 minutes of Jason and Sam and no Dante or Brenda but I know that might never happen so I need to stay positive about what we can.  I know by now everyone has seen the promo for the week with Dr. Lee telling Sam there might be a way to address her fertility problems.  In those few words, every JaSam fan jumped out of their seats and screamed in happiness.  Are we really going to get a McMorgan miracle baby? Ever since Jason and Sam reunited they have skirted about the discussion of babies and her 'fertility problem'.  Sam never blamed Jason when she was shot and could no longer have children. However, Jason did and rightfully so to some degree.  If Sam had never been shot she would have been able to have a child.  This is a topic of discussion, for the most part, these two have avoided having.  There is so much pain associated with what happened after Sam got shot and how Jason handled it.  The fact that now they are going to have to revisit some of it will be interesting to see how it will play out.  I, for one, hope Sam is already pregnant so they don't need this procedure.  Also it would make their whole story line more dramatic if she was high risk and Jason would need to, for once, actually put her first. It will be very interesting to see how this all come to shape over the next few months.  I just hope Dante, Brenda and the Balkan don't overshadow it at all. 

Speaking of the Balkan, am I the only one that finds this Theo Huffman as boring as watching paint dry?  The actor is way too over dramatic and the whole story line is just so bland and pointless.  I wanted Jerry to be around longer.  I love Jerry and his witty lines.  This Theo guy (a.k.a The Balkan) is falling flat when it comes to any short of a good villain and he is taking the whole story line of down with him.

Somethings that aren't falling flat are, of course, Jason and Sam but also the budding new romance of Michael and Abby.  Michael and Abby are going to have their challenges and their first biggest one is going to be Momma bear Carly.

Carly was in rare form on Friday's episode of GH.  Carly was reacting like any mother would who just found out their 19 yr old son is dating a older woman who is a stripper.  Now, I like Abby and I love her with Michael but you have to see Carly does have a right to be upset here a little.  I am a mother so I can relate to Carly better then some.  Carly has always wanted to do right by her children but hasn't always done so.  Carly's momma bear reaction is completely within her character and let's face it ANY mother would have that same reaction.  Carly has made an honest effort over the last few years to try to keep her kids safe and give them a good life.  Unfortunately Michael getting shot and going to prison were things out of her control but she did everything she could to support Michael during these times.  Michael is a different kid then the kid that got shot (literally and emotionally).  Carly is not only dealing with her first child possibly dating someone for the first time but she is trying to deal with (and not doing a very good job at it) the fact this woman is a stripper.  All Carly wants for Michael is for him to have a normal undamaged life.  Unfortunately that ship has sailed for this kid.  Michael will never be like the other 19 yr old kids because he lost a year of his life in a coma and then spent time in prison.  Michael really is far more mature in some ways then kids his age which is why he hit it off with Abby in the first place.  If Carly is wise she is going to have to learn the art of accepting Michael and all that comes with that. Now, we know Carly isn't one to keep her feeling to herself or allow anything out of her control near her kids.  So Carly will most likely NOT accept Abby for a very long time if ever.  Oh but you have to had it to Laura Wright and the GH writers for making Carly so true to her character.  Laura Wright plays Carly so well I have to remember I am watching a TV show sometimes.  Some of her lines on Friday's show were truly classic. 
Carly to Sonny, "So what you are saying is you are perfectly fine with Michael dating a stripper because I am telling you I AM NOT!!" 
Carly to Abby, "That's smart thinkin'."
"....But it won't be on Michael's back, not as long as I am breathing."

Of course I think Carly in the end will be very sorry (even though she'll probably never admit it) that she treated Sam and Abby the way she has today because it will come back to bite her.  I think Carly needs a reminder of her real project and goal which is getting Brenda and Dante to pay. I am all for her running Brenda and Dante out of town (and off of our television screens) for the foreseeable future.

As for the best part of the show on Friday, Jason and Sam.  I loved their dialog on Friday back and forth. Sam leaving early to work I think was her way of avoiding not only Brenda, as she stated, but I think she was a little uneasy to see if Jason would mention the night before with Jake.  Jake is such a painful topic for them both that I think the two of them are a little unsure about how to talk about him.  Jason did the right thing by thanking Sam for helping him with Jake. Sam was great with Jake and I think in that moment when Jason, Sam and Jake all sat there sharing a moment that was infinitely more special to our couple then we could have imagined, Jason realized that things could have been so different.  Jason also saw Sam does not resent Jake as the result of Jason's unfaithfulness but only loves him as her own if she was given the chance to be his step mother. You could tell this when Sam began talking about Jake.  She has loved that child almost as much as Jason but this time around has chosen to allow Jason to navigate his relationship with Jake the way he has chosen.    I have read in the latest issue of SID that Steve Burton is quoted in saying this year will stir up a lot of controversy.  I also read Sam keeps the information about the medical procedure quiet at first and Jason keeps his recently surfacing feelings about wanting to be a father quiet for the moment as well.  I hope this doesn't mean that Jason and Sam stop being honest with each other even if it is about this topic.  I hope this only means that this will make them stronger not begin to chip away at the strong foundation they have established.  I have this gut feeling Jason is going to do something stupid this year and I will spend a lot of energy angry with him.  I hope I am wrong, I really do.  I keep reminding myself of why would they bring our amazing couple back together if they are just going to tear them apart again?   So I chose to keep the faith and remain positive.  Hope for the best. 

Our couple needs your support.  Call the comment lines and show your support.  Keep the faith! I will try to keep mine.

1 comment:

  1. Will try commenting again, first didn't take...
    Good take on things. I really hope they take the path of keeping Sam & Jason a couple, and have been writing GH just that. You know, along the line of Alice/Tom Horton on DOOL, or other soaps that had long time couples that actually stayed married/together. Haven't these 2 shared enough to qualify, and if baby is coming, even more so! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete