Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Are we on a diet?

The new year always comes around and everyone takes stock in their lives.  Some of us decide we want to lose weight, others of us decide we need to organize our lives.  But I never really thought the idea of a diet would apply to GH.  Today's show had me asking this exact question.  Is Guza trying to put us on a JaSam diet? I feel like Guza is trying to stuff the show with carbs (Dante, Brenda, Sonny, Krissy, Siobhan, Crazy Carly)  and cut back on the healthy (Michael, Abby, Sam, Jason). We need TPTB at General Hospital know that we aren't embracing this new "diet" and we want more JaSam and Mabby!!

Let's talk about those GH carbs.  I've said it before, Sonny and Brenda have a potential to be good.  Sometimes when they are on and I watch them I get excited.  I see the old Sonny and Brenda there (I should probably note I always like Brenda and Jax together more but Jax is a perfect match now for Carly).   Sonny and Brenda do seem to be racing to the alter with great speed just at the time everything is falling down around them but this is classic SnB style.  I mean why take time to make sure things will actually work or that a mad man isn't trying to kill you.  For these two, they are happiest when they don't think about things.  See thinking about things too much leads them back to wear they have always had problems.  Sonny is too dangerous for Brenda, Brenda is (for the most part) selfish and a little mentally off her rocker.  Together the insanity gets a bit to intense when they think things through and someone ends up breaking.  Hopefully they have plenty of Zoloft on tap for this upcoming wedding because I have a feeling at least one of them will be spending some time at Shaddy Brook.

Another high on the Carb list, Lucky and Siobhan, gosh where to begin.  I know I have said it before.  I don't like her and my feelings have not changed.  I hate that she is hurting Lucky and that he is investing his feeling in her.  I wish Lucky would find a woman who is actually deserving of his heart instead of Liz and Siobhan.  I was exhausted watching Siobhan try to break things off with Lucky today.  I couldn't take it anymore I felt over-stuffed with carbs and filler with these two today.  Can't Lucky ever find a girl that isn't lying to him? 

One part of today's show I don't feel really fall into the carb category where the scenes with Lisa and Johnny.  Oh Terrell is wondering what the hell he has walked into for good reason.  Holy smokes Lisa is a busy girl.  I do hope what ever Lisa has on Terrell, he decides enough is enough of High-Octane-Crazy Lisa and finally tells Robin and Patrick all.  But I'll give Johnny this, he does know how to work with the insane.  After all, 98% of Johnny's family has been crazy so he is the one who would know how to work them. I do love Johnny and I find Lisa pretty damn calculating and entertaining so I can't wait to see how this friendship plays out.

Now for the healthy reasons we watch GH,  Jason and Sam. I never heard Dr. Lee actually confirm Sam's inquiry about actually carrying to full-term, but you get the idea she said yes.  She raced back to the PH to research this without trying to get her hopes up or say a word to Jason.  I actually like that Sam is keeping this information from Jason.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I am glad Sam is deciding for herself if this is something she is even ready to entertain before telling Jason.  I like this because the old Sam would never do this.  The old Sam would have raced home the first day and started charting her temperature to get pregnant.  But Sam now is strong and complete.  Her life is complete so she doesn't feel the need to fill something missing in her life with a baby.  "Having a baby changed me" (her words not mine), when she told Jason about wanting another child in 2004 and 2005.   Sam never felt she was enough or complete before and she longed for that completeness.  She thought she found it when she got pregnant but when the baby died she was reeling.  Then she thought she found that in Jason but when they fell apart her whole world came crashing down around her.  But now Sam has a family, a career and a life completely with or without Jason. Sam is independent, self sufficient and strong all on her own. I love how strong her character has become. I also love the fact Jason needs Sam like he needs air.  She is the one that puts him at peace and he is so incredibly grateful because he knows life without her isn't worth living.  For Sam she loves Jason more then anything, but I think she is not sure about this latest news and how to proceed with it.  I love that she is taking time to figure this out before talking to Jason about so she knows all about it before approaching the topic.  I think there will eventually be a baby.  We don't know if they decide against the procedure or not, but I think that a baby is in the cards for 2011 at some point.  I have mixed feelings about a baby for them and hold on, Jizzer spies that read this blog, don't get too excited with what I just wrote.  I have mixed feeling is not because I think their lives are too dangerous, I just wonder how Jason will react.  I want Jason to want to be a father and want this baby and realize he is a good father already to Michael.  Of course if a baby doesn't happen, then I accept that too.  I just want them to be together and happy.  That is more important to me then anything else as a fan.

Call the comment line and let them know, we need more JaSam and Mabby!  Until tomorrow everyone!

4 comments:

  1. This is a really good blog and put into words all the thoughts I had watching today. We Jasam fans are being kept on a diet worse than starvation. I know we get something tomorrow, but it is time to cut to the chase. And I could not agree more, I want our couple strong and in love and together, baby or not. If there is one, then let BOTH of them be excited and wanting one. Have sent many letters to TPTB saying just that. Thanks for your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look for the blog! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah- you make it fun to keep writing. Thanks Everyone about the new design I felt we needed a refresh.

    ReplyDelete