Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Betrayal or Delusional?

There has been no greater cheerleader for Jason and Sam and their love then their dear friend, Spinelli.  Spinelli had dreamed and even encouraged both Jason and Sam to reunite and once they did he was so immensely happy it showed with his every word.  Why it was just last week when Jason told Spinelli how much better Sam was then Brenda and how she was perfect for Jason that Spinelli beamed that Jason was getting in touch with his feelings for Fair Samantha.  Well that was all until today.  Spinelli apparently has forgotten all of the countless times Sam has been a dear friend to him, provided him with a shoulder to cry on, kept him out of federal prison, became his business partner and for some delusional reason tried to encourage Jason to "rekindle" a romance with Brenda.  What was he thinking?  I mean seriously what were the writers thinking?  I get Spinelli was supposed to be gaga over Brenda but seriously for him to do that to Sam today that was just horrible and completely out of character.   Sam has never done anything to him and has always done everything to help him and to be his friend.  How would he feel if he and Maxie were still happy and in love and all of a sudden Sam started encouraging Maxie to start chasing after someone like Johnny or Matt again?  I am sorry but while I realize Spinelli lives in a fantasy world most of the time, his friendships and morals are generally hovering in reality.  This act of his today was unforgivable and Sam is really much too nice to just let that slide. 

There were a few other things that actually made me sad about today's show and questioning the writers motives as well.  Sam decides to start planning a great vacation for her and Jason but he tells her he has to wait to see how things with Sonny play out.  She was very understanding but then the minute his phone rings for Brenda he drops everything? WTF?  I mean seriously I get her life was threatened, or at least the ASEC lady made it sound that way, but what about Sonny? Does Jason still need to stick around and see how things are going to play out for Sonny?  Another question I had was Jason has been hovering around Sam during her recovery and now he is just leaves?

I absolutely hated how much Jason and Spinelli hurt Sam's feelings today.  Sam has never asked Jason for anything except to love her for who she is.  She has never asked for more commitment or anything else but I feel like he continues to take that for granted at times.  Sam's comment to Jason Brenda was really smart to marry Jason because he really is the best protector had so much more meaning to it then it first sounded like.  While Sam's logical side realizes Jason is telling the truth and he really can't stand Brenda, Sam still requires some special handling from time to time.  It wasn't very long ago that she thought Jason would be spending at least the next 5 years, if not their entire lives, in prison.  She was so incredibly strong and stood by Jason through it all but now that it is over she is terrified deep down she will lose him again.  I think Jason needs to give Sam some tangible evidence of his love for Sam though she would never ask for it. Perhaps a ring?! hint hint Jason!

I was proud of Jason for one thing though, he did ask Sam to go with him and make it a trip for them too.  But Sam was already kind of hurt and didn't want Jason to know it so she turned him down.  But at least he asked her and didn't hide what he was doing from Sam.  I am proud of that.

Keep calling the comment lines - let your voice be heard!  I call at least once a day to thank them for Jason and Sam . I also do call every time Brenda laughs to tell them how much I hate her laugh .

6 comments:

  1. Just about ready to get off the Jasam train before my heart is broken once again.... I feel 2007 coming all over again!! Love Sam and she deserves much better than this! Jason really needs a wake up call, I just hope he gets it before its too late. Great blog love your perspective on Jasam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I am as scared as Sam is that 2007 will come back again in the aspect of Jason keeping the truth from Sam, taking her for granted and Spinelli being privileged to the truth. I hope we are just unnecessarily gun shy and everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinelli is a poor friend to Sam right now. How dare he encourage Jason to "rekindle" his relationship with Brenda! Sam has always stood by that dork and he does this to her. I´m very disappointed in him and have now named him "The Disloyal One"
    I liked that Jason asked Sam to go with him to Rome, but she was hurt and of course said no. She is always so strong and let everything slide, but I really do think that she will put up her walls from now on. Jason always says the right words, but he really need to SHOW her how much he loves her, because words are just that. Words.
    I know this is happening because JaSam need some angst and I´m certain that they will come out stronger in the end, but I really don´t like how Guza is writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complely agree with you, I am sick of everybody coming between JaSam!

    Jason seriously needs to lose the hero complex,the man has a life for god's sake!

    Ive been in love with JaSam for almost 7 years.. but I just cant take this anymore, just cant. Sick of it, slowly I've started to lose all interest I've ever had. Sam is stupid for allowing Jason to run to rescue Brenda. And Jason is the biggest idiot for not putting Sam first

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO I read on GH happenings that sam and jason discuss ending their relationship..if they end it I'm done with GH. tired of jason never putting sam first...i'm really scared of what is happening to our jasam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the same spoiler but it doesn't say they are ending their relationship. Maybe something good will come out of their discussion like Jason will start putting her first. But don't worry if the writers end Jason and Sam I will be so outraged as well. But call the comment lines keep telling the writers that Jason and Sam belong together and are prefect.

    ReplyDelete