Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Sins of a Father

I must admit I am a spoiler junky when it comes to JaSam.  I buy the magazines and read on the web all the spoiler sites I can find.  While no site can predict the future, many of them have great spoilers and for the most part are accurate.

I have read that in the upcoming months will be pivotal for our great couple.  While part of my cringes when I read those words because I know this might mean there will be some anguish for our great couple, I have faith in their strength.  This summer sounds like our great couple will be faced with a lot of obstacles.  The first major obstacle comes this month when Jason decides to go to prison to protect Michael.  Check out that latest promo  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTcN9AVe9Sg  courtesy of soapoperanetwork. 

I don't enjoy that yet another challenge for Jason and Sam that has to do with Michael,  it does demonstrate that Jason is willing to save Michael at all costs.  Also it shows the depth of love that Jason has for a child.  I, like many I am sure, am a bit tired of Port Charles revolving around Michael but we all knew back when Michael was little that someday he would end up in prison.  Sadly the child was destine for prison but that is not because he had Sonny as a father and AJ as his biological father.  Michael has never been able to make mistakes in his life without the "Unholy three" (that name is credited to our future head writer, TheBlackRose) rushing to save Michael and fix the situation.  Jason blames himself for all of Michael's mistakes even when Jason should not at times.   I hope that Jason comes to terms with the fact Michael is an adult and needs to grow up.  He needs to make his own mistakes and needs to stop having his family clean up his messes. While I understand the need to fix everything for a child being a parent myself but I also see that sometimes you have to let kids fail so they learn.  Carly, Sonny and Jason need to realize their lifestyle didn't damage Michael but it was their actions to never let him see the consequences of his actions that damaged Michael. 

While all of these events are very unsettling, I hope that the impact it has on Jason and Sam is that he realizes he can't live without her.  I hope after he escapes from prison (or is let out some spoilers conflict), he realizes to never put anyone before Sam no matter what.  Jason needs to beg Sam for ever hurting her the way he will in the coming months and finally propose and marry her.  He will never find anyone else in this world who will so selflessly love him as she does.   He also needs to realize that Michael is an adult and needs to let him live his life.  Either way, I am looking forward to the upcoming summer of all of the events. I have a feeling some of us will grow very frustrated with some events this summer, I have faith our couple will prevail stronger then ever.    
Keep calling the comment lines,  checking out the spoilers, buying the great magazines and vote for our favorite couple. 

Some highly recommended Spoiler sites:
http://samisghspoilers.blogspot.com/
http://www.generalhospitalhappenings.com/
http://www.dominoesandtequila.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Karen, for some wise observations and good advice. It is so easy to get frustrated, and too many spoiler sites are obviously Liason fans---can't let them get to us. TBR would be happy to know that you have faith in his ability to write, so do I. Keep writing, you are doing very well and we need all the Jasam sites we can get.

    ReplyDelete