Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grandmother would be proud

This is my first blog about General Hospital's best couple, Jason and Sam. 
I have been a fan of the show for years.  When I was a preteen and teenager I would spend time during the summer breaks from school with my Grandmother who loved the show.  This was back in the Luke/Laura days.  For my Grandmother this show was more to her then just something to watch on TV.  She was enveloped by the show and it's characters.  When the show came on she would turn off the phone and stay transfixed to the television for that hour.  It was really the only time you knew never to talk to Grandmother because she would not pay attention to you.  The house could be on fire - she would not care or even notice.  I smile as I write this description of my wonderful Grandmother.  She and I didn't see eye-to-eye about much during her life, but this is one area we could agree on.  When she died I was about 15 years old.  I stopped watching the show until I got to college mostly because I no longer had anyone to watch the show with.  I followed the show through those years but not very closely.  I knew Robin had contracted HIV and Carly was around, but overall I just watched every once in a while.  It wasn't until after college and I was working I really started watching again.  I discovered Soap net which was great because even though I worked full time I could watch the show at night.  The invention of the DVR was a wonderful aid to keep up my addiction to GH as well. 
In 2004, I started to follow the story of Samantha McCall and Sonny.  I found I loved how the show put Jason and Sam together all the time.  I loved the chemistry between the two actors.  I found myself tuning in each day and watching every time they were on.  When the story line of Sam's baby dying came along I was so impressed how real they made this story line.  I also had the unfortunate experience with a lost of that nature just two years prior and found myself deeply identifying with Sam's character.  I fell in love (so to speak) with the Jason & Sam love story.  I watched ever faithful for 3 years until in 2007 the ripped the best couple in daytime apart for what seemed like forever. The day the show's writers did that I stopped watching the show completely. I remember thinking how upset my Grandmother would have been had she still been alive.  She was a master of the poison pen letters.  I knew if she were still alive she would find a way to send the writers as many letters as she could possibly write. 
My life went on as normal without the show for a couple of years.  One day during the summer of 2009 I happened to be home with a sick kiddo and noticed the show was on.  I turned on just to see if anything had changed, to my surprise it had.  Jason and Sam were friends and the show was building the chemistry between the two again.  I was hooked once again.  Since that day in July, I have tuned in everyday just like Grandmother did in her day watching with hope and excitement for what will happen next.   Now I even find myself writing a blog about the show.  Oh how proud Grandmother would be of me now. 
Please I welcome any fans of GH who are also fans of JaSam to leave comments on this site.  I know there are a lot of sites out there about this couple.  I loved all of the fan sites and frequent them all the time.  I even am known by another name on some of the chats (JasamRULE).  Those sites are great and I have no intentions of competing, all I want to do is give my blog about the show and the greatest couple in daytime TV.  

12 comments:

  1. Wow great stuff above. Yup Jasam are the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is awesome work! Thank you for this blog and yes, Jason and Sam (Steve and Kelly) make it work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you. I was watching GH back in the day too, stopped watching because kids needed me, then I started again, and found Jasam. They are the only couple in all of soapdom that I really pull for, that really made me excited to watch a soap opera. GH is the only soap I watch or have watched regularly, so I don't know about other couples. But, Jason and Sam are definately my all time faves. I was disgusted in the summer of 2006 and beyond, but I kept watching in hopes that TPTB would find their minds again, and I was pleasantly surprised. I love Jasam. Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to find another Jasam site, especially one that is thoughtful and well written. There can never be too many fans willing to put in the time and effort to let everyone know how good Kelly and Steve are, and how believeable their story is.
    Quite right, Grandmother would be proud of you.
    Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with you. I stopped watching in 2007
    and started back in Oct. 2008. Favorite couple in daytime.And I had watch Gh for 20 years, so glad they are working thyre way back hopefully for good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog ! I a also a Jasam fan and they are y favorite couple. Not liking the dry speel we have on our screens of them so it's important to write in and call the coment lines. The more eople we can get to tune in the better! Look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT ARTICLE AND GREAT COUPLE NO ONE BETTER ON TV. SO REAL I HAVE TO REMEMBER THEY ARE NOT A REAL COUPLE. LOVE THEM AND GH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jasam is a couple who have beauty,sex appeal and lots of chemistry, GH has hit the jackpot with Jasam. I am happy that Sam have a life and not living in Jason's shadow, but she is there when he needs her. Actually this is the only couple in daytime soap I have invested anytime in. Jasam is the hottest couple in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jasam are so amazing together.i love them so much.the chemistry between these two is smokin hott.they are my reason for watching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog!! I relate to it and most of the Posts. Ive been watching GH on and off my whole life.. Ive watched 100% of JaSam! The only reason Ive tuned in to GH Full Time... Like some I stopped watching when TPTB ripped them apart. But I made sure to stay tuned into the Boards so I knew exactly when they were on, didnt want to miss any JaSam time....

    Traveler

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog keep up the good wrk... I too am a jasamholic best coiple tbey jus seem so real nd so in love like ppl should be...we jasam fans need to stick 2gether keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. I am so glad that you recognize Jasam as the best. I started watching sometime in 1995 and continued because of Stone and Robin then because of Liz and Lucky. But when Jasam came along I was just inlove with them. They are so great it never feels like acting to me. Perfect chemistry that is so rare. Love Jasam always. so glad they are back I stopped wacthing too. Didnt start watching again until May 2009. I AM SO HAPPY JASAM ARE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!. Now all Jasam needs is a wedding and a baby

    ReplyDelete