Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hit Me With Your Best Shot!

Okay I might be dating myself a little bit here with today's blog but I could not think of another song that would fit today's GH better then Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot.  This song came out when I was a baby, but I had a few older sisters who sang that song well into the mid 80's with great enthusiasm.  Today's GH had all the elements of this song to fit the episode.

Abby and Michael exchanged emotional blows today when they fought about Michael's desire to be just like his father. Abby doesn't want Michael to be Sonny.  But Abby needs to accept that Michael needs to find his own way in life.  He needs to struggle with what he wants to do with his life like EVERY 19 yr old does.  I don't know anyone who at 19 knew exactly what they wanted to do with their life and actually did it.  Abby is past those years which makes it hard for her to relate and realize that this is just yet another phase of Michael's extremely long journey to maternity.  Abby didn't hold back - she fired away her reasons and Michael fired right back.   At the end of the day though, they both realized they still want to be together and they need to accept each other.  I liked Mabby at first.  Loved them actually.  Then they were on all the time Guza burned us out on them.  But I think in small doses they are good again.  It's good Michael has his own life away from family and Abby gives that to him.

Olivia needed to hit both Carly and Sonny with something today.  Dear Lord, what was wrong with the two of them?  Olivia would not have been my first choice of people for Carly to call the GH.  Here's an idea TELL THE COPS.  DANTE IS A COP - TELL HIM! Olivia is the only person in all of PC that can prove Sonny framed Jax.  She can also prove Jax paid off the mediator so she is rather key person in this situation.  However, she isn't known for her abilities to strong arm Sonny and Jax in a rough situation.   I could not get over the fact Sonny didn't seem hardly at all bother that Jason might be DYING.  All he could think about was Jax.  Really?  really Sonny?  Are you so full of yourself and so focused on revenge you are going to let your most loyal and oldest friend DIE without even going to GH to check on him?  Wow, I hope Olivia has a lot of smart sassy things  to say about this to Sonny and we haven't heard the last of them.  That made me kind of sick to my stomach.  He is more concerned about revenge then to actually go see Jason.  Today, Sonny's behavior disgusted me.  I hope Olivia hits Sonny with her best shot and I am pretty sure that Bensonhurst girl can knock Sonny across the room on his ass if she put her mind to it.  I hope that is coming up next.

Another person that needed to be knocked around a little was Elizabeth. Siobhan is in very critical condition, stop telling everyone 'I didn't do it', 'I didn't do it','I didn't do it'.  Stick to the facts.  Siobhan fell down the stairs after having an argument with Liz, then Liz puts her in car, hits another car head-on and Siobhan is thrown from the car.  Okay I am not legal expert here but should someone be issuing Liz with at least a traffic ticket right now???? I am sorry but she is guilty as sin of at least causing the accident, driving with a passenger who isn't wearing a seatbelt and stealing drugs.  Those are the facts.  I keep hoping Liz has changed back to the Liz we all once liked in 1998 but then she is like she was today and I remember that Liz is gone.

Okay so in center stage today we had the SMACK DOWN of all smack downs.  We had been counting down on D&T for days to "Slapsgiving" - SmoothCriminal's name for the event all the credit goes to her for the name.  Well named if I do say so myself.  I had heard many spoilers saying Sam just slapped Carly without any provoking on Carly's part at all.  So glad that wasn't the case. 
Poor Sam gets the worst phone call of her life.  She races down to GH terrified of the worst.  She is told very little hopeful words by Monica.  She is terrified and she is forced to just sit and wait for the tests to be over so she can get some news.  Monica was so kind to Sam.  I have always loved the relationship between these two.  Monica knows how much Jason loves Sam.  She respects Sam because she is the one woman Jason trusts his completely heart with.  I loved how Monica calmed down Sam.  I also love how Monica quickly saw Sam's side of things when it came to telling her what Jason was doing out on the roads in the first place.  Monica to Sam: "Carly's life is an emergency." SING IT SISTER!!!!  That describes Carly's life in a nutshell.

Carly has needed a smack for a long time.  I was hoping someone was going to smack her yesterday when Carly was trying to get Jason to wake up from his nearly dead state to help her find Josslyn.  As a parent I get how vitally important your child is.  I don't discount Carly that.  However, call the FREAKING COPS! As a good parent,  if your child's life is really in danger and they might be getting kidnapped, you CALL THE COPS! You don't try to get your best friend who looks pretty much dead to wake up after a car accident to run off to look for them.  You call the cops, get out an APB and an Amber Alert.  That is what they are for.  Fine she wanted to protect Jax.  It is a little late for that now that Jason might die.  Here's the deal, if Jason dies Carly, there is no where you can hide that Sam, Monica, Edward, Spinelli, Michael and even maybe Sonny will not find you.  Be responsible and call the cops. Not to mention Jax will be a lot safer in police custody then he will be if Sonny finds him.  Carly's  logic and behavior disgusted me today too. I am a Carly fan but today I didn't like her one bit. I kind of hate what they are doing to Carly.  They are making her such a bitch.  I loved that Sam and Carly had learned to accept one another and be almost friends.  I get that GW wants to reset things, but I don't like this reset one bit!

Carly really did have it coming.  I think if Sam hadn't smacked her Monica would have.  Sam continued to point out to Carly the logical steps she should have taken.  Sam was 100% right that Carly used Jake as emotional blackmail just to state her claim on Jason because she felt she was losing ground with Jason.  Carly doesn't respect Jason's life or his choices.  She treats him like his sole purpose in life is to cater to her every need.  I get Carly is freaking out, but she went to far.  She hit way below the belt with her comment to Sam that she did not know what it was like to lose a kid.  AND SMACK!!!  The smack heard around the world. This SMACK was so popular the phrases 'Go Sam' and 'Sam Mcall' started trending on twitter not only in the US but GLOBALLY!!!! Everyone heard that smack.   Did you notice how many doctors, nurses and other people in that waiting area just started staring at these two.  It was classic.  Another classic reaction was Monica's.  I don't think she thought Sam had that in her at that moment.  I think she was a bit proud of Sam all the same though.  I love that Monica was quick to point out to Carly that she knows a hell of a lot more about loss and Jason's injuries then Carly will ever comprehend. 

Sam and Monica stood united today as they got the news from Patrick.  I love that Monica put her arm around Sam's shoulder and then the hugged in the last scene.  I am so glad Monica is back.  I am excited for tomorrow. 



Call the Comment lines, tweet, post on the GH page on Facebook, let them know how many fans GH has.  Show your support. 

For those of you who have never heard the song I referenced today, have a listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRgHol94Xc

1 comment:

  1. I love 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot'. *dancingaround*

    I love that Sam and Monica is there for each other. Always did love their relationship and have missed it dearly. And that SMACK from Sam to Carly was well deserved. How dare Carly say such a thing???

    Great blogpost!! *wootwoot*

    ReplyDelete