Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Truly Powerful Tuesday

Historically Tuesdays are the least watched days on soaps and  they generally are known to be the least eventful days in story lines.  However, today's episode was absolutely hands down one of the best episodes that has been on in ages.   The writers are finally hearing us. 

First Jason and Sam were perfect today.  I loved how they pretended to be a bickering couple to con the cop into going away.  Then Jason carrying Sam to a campground and trying to take care of her was so sweet.  Although I have watched today's clip over a few times and it really did look like Jason might have been the cause of her twisted ankle because she turns one direction and his pulls her arm in the other.  But no matter what it was so sweet how he carried her off and took care of her.  I am so excited for the rest of the week coming up. 

Now those of us with semi-good memories recall that one year ago on 8/24 Jason kissed Sam which lead to them finally giving into their resistance and on 8/25 making love.  Who know what 8/25/10 will hold for us this year.  Love that it's been a whole year since they've been back together and they are more in love then ever.

If you are blessed to have DVR'd today's episode you were able to fast forward through the rest of the show.  However, if you did you might have missed some other amazing performances today.  Robin and Patrick were so powerful in their scenes today. Patrick was truly sorry but Robin was in every right to be so hurt.  I was always a scrubs fan but my goodness they have been so boring the last year or so.  But now can I just say WOW that was amazing acting by Kimberly McCullough and Jason Thompson today.  I was blown away.  I can't wait to have this story line unfold as well. 

But in all fairness for the rest of today's show, I did fast forward the Sonny/Dante/Claire scenes for the most part and I only watched a few of the Brenda scenes.  I am still willing to give Brenda a fair shot but it does seem like she or the writers are trying to hard with her.  She doesn't appear genuine like Brenda used to be.

On another note I never saw the series Port Charles but had a few people mention it on boards recently due to the KeMo and ME reunion on the "what if" webisodes coming up on 8/30.  So I decided to see what that show was all about on youtube.  I love YT, you can find any old show out there.  For the last 3 nights after everyone in my house has gone to been including the cat, I have put on my headphones and sat in the dark watching all of the episodes until the wee hours in the morning. I just finished watching the entire series of Caleb and Livvie and I am still not sure how to put how I feel into words.  I loved how much they loved each other but something was always off with their love.  But their love was so truly passionate and,  in it's own right,  very enduring. However, it was also  flawed and rather sad; almost a tragedy of sorts.  By the end of the show during the last few episodes he kind of freaked me out.  But I think the thing I feel the most about their story is sadness on how the writers ended the series.  I was hoping for a happier final episode.  I felt sorry for Livvie the entire series she was so sweet and innocent in the beginning and even in the end all she wanted was to be loved and have Caleb love her with all he could. Out of all the characters her's was the most tragic and lost.  Kelly Monaco did a wonder job with that character like she does with all of her roles.  I think Sam is much stronger then Livvie but I liked Livvie all the same.   If you haven't seen the show, I recommend you stay up some late nights while everyone else in your house has gone to bed and watch it.  It's worth while seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment