Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 23, 2010

Major Flaw in Franco's Plan

I know I have said before, but I really really really really HATE that Franco is in anyway involved with Liz's baby's disappearance.  But some large flaws in Franco's plan aka the GH writing of this stupid twist to the story. Liz went into labor 4 weeks early.  They even tried to stop the labor so how did Franco plan this whole abductions so carefully when he basically had maybe a 10 hour window? Her labor seemed to go pretty quick and the fact this was her 3rd child 10 hours is generous. 
Let's look at this realistically for once (I know logic and GH are two different worlds but let's just try it):
#1 - Liz's labor was 4 weeks early.  No matter how convincing Franco is he isn't a doctor or able to induce labor with telepathy.  Labor is something I know for a fact is not something you can just will someone to go in.  Believe me, I have two children and there were many days when I was close to my due date I tried to will myself into labor and it didn't happen. Franco is clever and crafting but even he can't induce labor if he could there are many many many waddling pregnant women who would be chasing after him.
#2 - Franco has left Liz alone and doesn't really see much connection between her and Jason so why target her and her newborn baby?  It doesn't make sense.  Why not target someone Jason actually has present in his life such as go after the Quartermaines or even Robin.  He has more contact with them then he has with Liz. Why target her?  If he knows about Jake why not target Jake directly? 
#3 - I am not a Liz fan - I actually loath her character but I do feel kind of sorry for her in this particular situation.  Her son gets kidnapped and the only woman willing to listen to her craziness and try to be nice to her dies all within a few short hours.  Don't worry this won't change how I feel about her character but it seems kind of cruel of the writers to hit her with so many punches all at once.  She wasn't all that sane to start out now she has to deal with her baby being kidnapped (though she should be old hat at this Jake's been kidnapped twice now), and the death of Shirley.  She's going to be living in Shady Brook for sure now.  I guess that is how they could figure out RH's maternity leave. 
#4 - Why is Warren all of a sudden crazy?? I get his son died and he is lost in grief so his crazy rampage seems not completely off base but a few things.  Where did he get his gun, the hospital is on lock down and I don't know most hospitals to have a gun department available as part of the gift shop.   Why go on a crazy rampage today?  It seems much more logical to have Warren and his wife grieving over the loss of their son and to abduct a child then for Franco to do it.  I read a spoiler that said Franco takes the baby to his mom so she can raise it.  RETARDED!!!! Why do they have to have Franco involved in this particular element of the story line??? It seems completely off base.

Let me hear your theories.  I hope the writers wrap this all up in a nice little package for us because right now I feel as if this show's writing is completely disjointed.  They are trying to cram too much into the show's existing story lines and not doing a very good job.  If this is their method to improve ratings it is not working.  It is just irritating the fans.  Oh and don't even get me started on the whole Brenda return.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the time line for the "well planned" baby kidnapping and the birth of Aiden one month early. So silly. However, it could just be that he/his mom planned on stealing a baby, any baby, and Aiden just happened to be wearing a #66 on his wrist. Just a thought to TRY and explain the lack of effort in this writing. LOL
    I also thought it was quite funny that Warren could leave a hospital in lockdown and return armed. He didn't even make an effort to hide the gun. Oh well. In spite of all of this, I did enjoy yesterday's epi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you... the only thing that makes feel better about the show is knowing that Sam will be kidnapped by Brenda's stalker, which means (I hope) that Jason will be running to her rescue and save her once again and maybe just maybe realize how much he loves her and propose!!! Am I day-dreaming?? Hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I love your comment about how you don't know many hospital gift shops with a gun department! This is Port Charles!! LOL!!! I love your Blog!!! Bring on JASAM!!! I am missing them lately... I have to get my fix via youtube and watch the history....

    ReplyDelete