Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Following some of Grandmother's advice

When my Grandmother was still alive, I was a teenager.  I had many boys ask me out but I would not stay with them long.  I would always tell Grandmother that they didn't live up to my standards.  Most of these boys were perfectly nice boys but for some reason or another I would find flaws in them very quickly and end things. I used this same fickle approach to most things in my life back them from books I started to read to interests in colleges and various sports. One day during the summer before my Grandmother got sick, she told me some great advice that I didn't truly listen to until much later in life.  Grandmother said "Sweetie Pie, you need to lower your standards in life or you will spend the rest of your life being disappointed."  At the time I thought that was incredibly bitter advice from an old woman who had survived The Great Depression, two world wars and had very little but great stories to show for her life.  However, Grandmother wasn't only trying to tell me this advice about relationships but also about life.  If you don't build things up to be something and they fall short you won't spend time regretting the outcome.  As I got older and realized what she was trying to tell me was, don't put everyone and every experience on a pedestal otherwise you will spend your life being disappointed.

Someday I wonder if we don't hold other things in life to impossible standards.   Recently I've been reminded in so many facets of my life that I need to listen to Grandmother's advice and just let things happen the way they were intended.  So tonight I am trying to look at all things in a new light.   I am also applying this new (or rather very old and wise) logic to GH right now.  Let's be honest, lately GH's plot and story lines have left a lot to be desired.  But maybe this is just the calm before the storm. Maybe there is something wonderful coming and we just need to keep our minds open to be ready to take it all in.  Franco is back and so far that story line could have potential if they only will focus it more around Jason and Sam and MUCH less around DuDu there is hope there.  Sonny is out of control right now and it is at least somewhat interesting to see him unravel.  Soon Brenda will be there to help him put the pieces back together.  But GH really needs to get more focus back on their super couple.  So maybe if we keep the faith, keep calling the comments lines and do what we can to get some focus back on Jason and Sam, just maybe this will work in our favor. 
Keep the faith something wonderful is headed our way and the show will be back on top and have the huge declarations it used to have back in 2005 and 2006. 

No comments:

Post a Comment