Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Keeping the faith for a Jasam Wedding .....Someday

I have re-watched yesterday's Jasam scenes a few times to try to replace my disappointment with possible hope for the future and maybe someday a Jasam wedding.  I, like many others I am sure, were hoping for much more of an open declaration and renewed hope for a soon Jasam wedding.  However, we didn't get an engagement or a long deep proposal.  I was fine with Sam proposing because I get Jason doesn't want to tie her to someone who might be spending at least the next 5 years in prison if not longer.  But I wanted Jason to talk about the fact he has been ready to ask Sam to marry him since last year but was trying to respect her wishes on the topic of marriage since both at Spin/Maxie wedding and Josselyn's christening she very clearly was against the institution of marriage.
 
The first two times I watched those scenes I felt not only disappointment but frustration with the writing.  But after I had some time to think about it more I actually love the way the discussion of marriage played out. I invite you to re-watch the combined scenes from Friday and Tuesday ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHt0zvTMW2Y ) with a different perspective. 

I think it is beautiful how Sam has over come her absolute fear of being in a relationship with Jason again to the point she is even willing to bring the topic up of marriage.  She's come a long way from the girl who told Spinelli last summer that "sometimes true and sincere love isn't enough".  She has finally let down those walls in her heart and let herself fall completely back in love again.  Many of us can identify with Sam's past hurt and betrayal.  It takes a lot to get back out there and let yourself be vulnerable again.  She not only has allowed herself to feel true love again she's allowed herself to take that chance on the very person who shattered her heart in the first place.  

So we didn't get an official engagement but we did get another confirmation of our favorite couples commitment to one another.  She will wait for him no matter how long he is in prison because as she said she 'signed on for whatever comes next'.  He loves her so completely it is written all over his face.  He wants her to have a full and happy life and is so grateful that will include himself.  And that my friends is truly beautiful  and even if we never get that wedding, we can hold on to the fact this couple is absolutely committed to each other for the long haul.   Of course I want a real wedding but this will have to do for now. 

Now, lets just hope we can all survive these extremely long episodes without any JaSam scenes.  Sonny is on everyday and I have reached an absolute new irritation level with him and his story lines.  On days Jason or Sam aren't on I just record the show and watch it on fast forward mostly.  I do, however, enjoy Luke and Tracy to no end.  Those two are a hoot.  Tracy is probably the only woman in daytime is that funny and not know it.  Luke is his ever charming self.  While those two's love is no Jasam love, their love is sweet and amusing to watch.  I wish we would have more Luke and Tracy scenes during our JaSam dry patch instead of  being forced to watch the very boring affairs of the hospital staff or watch DuDu and Brook Lynn.  I love Carly but this latest plan of hers is going to blow up in her face we can all see that. I would rather her not bring down Spinelli with her plan either.   And speaking of poor Spinelli he needs to get out of his funk before Maxie decides she really does want out of their non-marriage for sure. 

1 comment:

  1. Just now found this latest blog-I agree with you in particular about the Lante stuff-too much,too naked,too gushy---too silly. Trying to hang on for Jasam, in hopes of good stuff to come. But soon---please! Sorry, Luke, you have lost your charm- Let's get on with the story- Looking forward to more from you on this blog--thanks

    ReplyDelete