Jason & Samantha

Jason & Samantha
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 5, 2010

Remebering Baby Lila McCall Morgan

With all that is happening in Port Charles this week I am somewhat concerned they will not take time out on Monday (the 6 year anniversary) to remember Baby Lila who brought our super couple together.  So I decided I would to my own remembering.  
The subject of a stillbirth hits extremely close to home for me.  I know the real life pain of such an experience and I also know that type of loss will never leave you.  You will never forget and that pain never lessens over time.  What is true is you do learn how to move on and live your life. For myself I personally identified with the story since the pain of my loss was very recent at the time. I think  that for me it actually helped me deal with my own loss.   Everyone deals with loss in their own way. For some the pain of the loss is too great and we turn bitter and angry.  For some you realize how fragile life is and cherish every moment.  And for many it's a combination of both.
One of the reasons I fell in love with Jason and Sam to start with was the story of baby Lila's birth and death.  The way they wrote that story line was absolutely amazing.  For so many of us that is when we fell in love with this couple.  The writers did such a great job of making it so true it was hard to remember you were watching a fictional character on the screen.  I have to wonder if someone on that writing team had not experience a personal loss like that because it was so believable. The pain was so raw and convincing I can't think of a better story line in all the 20 years I have watched the show.  I really hope that Jason and Sam take a minute (or even 5 seconds) next week to stop and to think about the reason they got together in the first place.  If the writers decide that it is not important to touch on baby Lila next week, I think many of us will be hurt.  Hopefully they can take a second away from the whole Brenda/Dante mess and focus on someone else and pay tribute to baby Lila.
I invite everyone to call the comment line and express how much we are happy our super couple is together.  Jason may do some clueless things, but we are so grateful they are together again.  Keep writing, calling and emailing.  Remind them we are thankful and want to see more of Jason and Sam. 
Monday marks a very important day in JaSam history - go back and watch the old clips of 2004 and remember  baby Lila too!


On a personal note.  For those of you who may have dealt with loss and are interested here is something I wrote about my own loss when it happened.  You never forget and I hope the writers realize that.

How do you say good-bye to a child who never took a breath
How are you supposed to move on when the child you loved never got to live
For 38 weeks we dreamed of your arrival
We wondered who you would look like more, your daddy or your mommy
Ten tiny fingers ten tiny toes
Every detail of your face was so perfect
You were so still and beautiful
We'll never know why we didn't get to love you here on Earth
You were called home before you even got to breathe
You are our guardian angel
We will miss you and think of you all the days we will be apart

4 comments:

  1. That was a great post. I loved what you wrote at the end it was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post and am sorry for your loss. That story was very touchng and moving and it brought our couple together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sweet of you to share your own personal loss with us, and helps us understand how you can be so intuitive with the Jason/Sam story.
    Thank you. We love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, on the anniversary of the death of baby Lila, I will rememeber her and know that she was the reason Jason and Sam got together.
    Thank you for being so brave and sharing your personal story with us. I am sorry for your loss

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete